ASSISTANT WOVEN TEXTILES DESIGNER
Location Market Harborough
We have a new and exciting opportunity for an Assistant Woven Textiles Designer to join our celebrated Print Design team at Joules here at our Head Office in beautiful Market Harborough, Leicestershire.
The successful candidate will be learning and developing a full understanding of the Woven design process for all genders.
Key responsibilities will include:-
- Keeping up to date on competitor analysis.
- Starting to create and develop some designs for your areas.
- Preparing for all print meetings and final sign offs.
- Learning to use PLM – our database system, so that you can prepare prints for production.
The successful candidate will have:-
- Good Fabric knowledge, ideally in woven textile design with an understanding of yarn weights and fabric structures advantageous.
- A good eye for detail, presentation and colour.
- The ability to identify key trends across all genders.
- Proficiency in a weave design software, (Texcheck, Pointcarre, Easy Weave or an alternative weave package) along with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- A basic understanding of print processes.
Ideally you will be a recent graduate with a minimum of a 2:1 in a relevant subject ie Textile Design/Print Design/Print Design/Graphics Design) and you will already have basic skills in Photoshop and Illustrator.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you then please apply now as we are looking to appoint this role ASAP. Please attach a copy of your portfolio with your CV.
To apply go here