London based brand YMC are recruiting.
We are looking for a highly passionate design graduate to assist the womenswear designer on a full-time basis. The role will require a highly organized individual with a great passion for the brand and an eagerness to learn and develop their creative Das well as their professional skills.
This is a great opportunity to enter the industry and we would hope to find a candidate to become part of the YMC “family”.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a highly talented and organized individual to support the womenswear designer. The candidate will be responsible for:
• Work closely with womenswear designer.
• Attend fabric shows with the womenswear designer.
• Enquire about all fabrics.
• Generate style codes and page numbers for the season.
• Make season folders and update these as info changes.
• Create spec sheets for every individual style.
• Research finishing’s and trims for the garments.
• Create linesheets for the season. This includes spec drawings of all garments.
• Communicate with all factories. This includes sending them spec sheets, artwork and fit comments.
• Keep a tight eye on deadlines and chase factories or other departments if things are late.
• Get all info about garments from factories including trims, binding and lining quality.
• Set up new collection in PDM.
• Generate season swatchbook for QA.
• Assist with organizing photoshoots.
• Take pictures of every garment, including detail shots for internal purposes.
• Measure all garments.
• Attend fit meetings with QA and make a note of all changes.
• Organize work space and file everything properly so other departments have easy access to info.
• Work closely with other departments of the business when needed.
We are looking for a cultured individual with the drive to achieve, strong communication skills, an obsessive attention to detail, a hands on approach and humility to work in a small team where passion is key. The candidate must have the following attributes:
• Extremely organised.
• Fluent in English.
• High competency in Illustrator, Photoshop and Excel is a must.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• The ability to work well alone as well as in a team.
• Extremely passionate.
• Have extensive technical knowledge as well as excellent design aesthetic.
• Great research skills.
• Raw material understanding.
• Good at taking direction and eager to learn.
• “Can do” attitude and proactive.
• Have great respect and good understanding of the brand and their competitors.
• Harmonious and happy.
Please send your cover letter + CV + portfolio via the form here.