As a result of continued growth at Roland Mouret and the development of the knitwear category within our collection, we are looking for an experienced, passionate, innovative and dedicated knitwear designer to join our team and work alongside the Creative Director and Knitwear Product Developer to produce an exciting and commercial knitwear collection.
We want to hear from someone with a real passion for knitwear who can push the boundaries and excite us with their designs while appreciating the Roland Mouret brand aesthetic.
Main duties will include:
- Ensure that the company brief for the brand is adhered to
- Plan the range
- Produce initial trend, range and pack concepts and colour boards
- Produce key shapes for each product category
- Working with the Knitwear Developer, source and match all trimmings, button linings etc. for initial samples.
- Review initial samples with the Creative Director and Collection Development team to assess styling issues prior to fitting.
- Communicate design ideas in a confident and enthusiastic manner.
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for someone with the following skills/attributes/experience:
- Creative flair and innovation and a proactive approach to design.
- Commercial industry experience required since graduating, ideally with a luxury brand(s).
- Able to identify key trends, and interpret these in a relevant and commercial way for the customer.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced fashion environment.
- Excellent understanding of garment construction and in particular knitwear manufacturing methods.
- Able to work on their own – take initiative.
- Communication, interpersonal and influencing skills at all level.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to work to deadlines is essential
- Target driven with a passion for fashion and the confidence to grow and develop.
- Ability to produce technical sheets for manufacturing products.
- Flexible with working hours including overtime and travel.
- Strong CAD skills and Illustrator experience
- Creative and innovative with confidence to present ideas to others
- Good presentation skills
- Digital approach to working processes
To read more about the role and apply go here