Thomas Tait is currently seeking a Studio Intern with a Design/Pattern Cutting background to help our luxury womenswear studio work for the exhibition at Pitti Woman Florence in June and SS16 show London in September.
Duration is 3 to 6 months full-time internship starting from April, May or June.
• Pattern making / Draping / Pattern alteration / Tracing
• Sample cutting / Toile stitching
• Assisting spec pack and Technical Drawing by Illustrator and Excel
• Assisting research of designer such as images, materials, suppliers, techniques
• Assisting fitting
• Visiting manufactures for product development
• Hand finishing
• Fabric and trim sourcing
• General studio errands
• Excellent knowledge in pattern cutting and garments construction
• Sewing skill of industrial machine and hand
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• Fluent verbal communication
• Able to discuss ideas and solutions
• BA Fashion Design / Pattern Cutting background
• Reliable, hard-working, flexible and willing to learn
• Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Focus, organized and proactive
• Good at team work
The Intern will:
• Support and be involved in our project for fashion exhibition Pitti Woman 2015
• Get to see the development of a collection from start to finish and be part of the run up to a show
• Helping backstage of SS16 show at LFW in September
• Be able to develop strong pattern cutting skills and design development strategy which will support your future work
• Gain the knowledge of variety of materials
If you think you are the right person for this role, please send us documents below and specify your availability via the form
• Covering letter
• Portfolio in PDF file or the link of the online portfolio
Due to high amount of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Please go here to apply.