Digital printing company Silk Bureau are running a student INTERIOR DESIGN Competition. https://www.silkbureau.co.uk/student_page/
Open to all students in 2016-17 Academic Year
We have been really impressed with the standard that graduating students presented at the 2016 New Designers event. From fashion to interiors the students surpassed themselves with innovative design. We were so proud to have played such a huge part in their success story by printing their designs on our extensive fabric range.
Our latest student competition has been based on one of our finds from the show.
Aim: Create a design for a statement piece of furniture to showcase at the Silk Bureau.
Brief: Design a seamless repeat pattern to be used for upholstery. The design should reflect the Silk Bureau as a digital textile printing specialist. The design should be dramatic and provide a ‘wow’ factor for visitors on entry to our premises.
Resources: www.silkbureau.co.uk www.facebook.com/thesilkbureaultd/
Specifications: Repeat pattern. TIFF file format. 180 – 300 dpi. Flattened. RGB. Contact us on 01386 861122 for the link to upload your completed file. Deadline: 9th December 2016. All entries will be printed on 12th December 2016 and the winner will be announced 9th January 2017. All entries must be accompanied with an order form clearly headed ‘Student Competition – Interiors 2016’
Winner: The winning design will be printed on Poly Canvas and used to re-upholster seating displayed in the reception area at The Silk Bureau Ltd. (Furniture supplied by the Silk Bureau Ltd) The winner will be invited to visit the Silk Bureau and see the processes involved in digital fabric printing. The winner will receive 5m (worth over £140) of the design printed on Poly Canvas, selected for the upholstery project. The winner will be promoted on our website and social media.
£25 entry fee. Includes 1m of your design printed on Poly Canvas (normal cost over £46) and return postage.
winner will be promoted on our website and social media.
Interiors Competition 2016 – Terms & Conditions
- All entries must be submitted with a completed order form clearly headed ‘Student Competition – Interiors 2016’ . These will then be known as the ‘Entrants’.
- Entry is only open to current students in the 2016 – 2017 academic year and MUST be accompanied with a copy of their Student ID.
- All artwork submitted MUST be print ready.
- The Silk Bureau Limited will not make any amendments to Entrants’ original files.
- A pro forma invoice will be raised within 7 days of submitting the competition order form.
- The entry fee of £25 must be paid upon receipt of the invoice and is non – refundable
- Entry fees include 1m of Polyester Canvas printed with the Entrant’s print ready artwork and delivery with in the UK only.
- Additional postal charges will be applied to Entrants outside of the UK postal area.
- All artwork being entered into the competition will be printed on 12th December 2016 and despatched with 7 working days to an address with in the UK.
- The Silk Bureau Limited reserve the right to change the fabric without notice to an alternative also considered to be appropriate for upholstery.
- The Silk Bureau Limited reserve the right to refuse an order and/or competition entry.
- Entries will not be accepted after the closing date. 9th December 2016
- The Silk Bureau Judges will make the final decision and will not enter into any discussion regarding the result.
- The Winner will be selected on 14th December 2016 and announced by 16th December 2016. The Winner will be notified by email and/or phone call.
- The Silk Bureau Limited reserve the right to publish details of the Winner and winning entry for marketing purposes pertaining to The Silk Bureau Limited.
- The Winner will be invited to visit The Silk Bureau Limited at their Evesham premises from 10:30 to 16:00 on an agreeable date to suit both the Winner and The Silk Bureau Limited. Expenses and arrangements incurred by the Winner i.e. travel, is not included.
- The Winner will be entitled to an additional 5m of fabric suitable for upholstery as chosen by The Silk Bureau Limited.
- The award is not transferable to any other party. There is no cash alternative.
- The Silk Bureau Limited reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the rules without notice.
Any irregularities and variations in the weave of our fabrics are in NO way to be considered as defects. They are a characteristic of a natural fibre.
It is important to allow for shrinkage. Shrinkage can be up to 10% on most fabrics, however for stretch fabrics it can be up to 20%. Short runs shrink more than longer runs pro rata; however this is not a precise science. Shrinkage can vary from one batch of fabric to another.
The natural shade of fabric may vary from roll to roll and is a circumstance beyond our control.
Please examine the fabrics carefully before processing. Direct or indirect claims for any reason whatsoever will not be accepted once the customer, or any party acting upon their instruction, has cut, or processed the fabric in any way.
Claims for any defects, or shortages, must be made in writing within seven days of delivery of the fabric.
Fabric specifications given are as accurate as possible to allow for printing of images. Rolls of natural fabric may vary in size between batches, so selvedge to selvedge dimensions are not provided. Selvedge areas may not be printed on.
Colours depicted on screen and colours actually printed may vary due to the nature of fabric/textile printing and the variation of individual monitor displays.