London based fashion label Celine are looking for an Atelier Intern.
• Be confident when tracing patterns and cutting fabric
• Develop the skill of flat pattern cutting from vintage and ready-made garments
• Improve speed of pattern cutting while still retaining quality
• Improve hand-sewing and machine-sewing skills
• Create test samples for designers
• Develop autonomy in preparing fusing sample tests for presentation to designers
• Ensure attention to detail when pressing and preparing garments for fittings
• Ensure quality when making final small alterations before fittings
Skills & Experience
Flat pattern cutting, draping & toiling, sewing, fabric development
This position is ideal for someone who would like:
• To develop knowledge and ability to work in a fast-paced high end luxury design house
• To practice and improve key technical skills in a working environment
• To develop teamwork and ability to work towards tight deadlines.
Salary – £18,000 per annum
Location – West End, London
Hours – 37.5 hours per week
Internship Length – 6 months
Closing date – November 07, 2016
For more details and to apply go here
London based fashion label Celine are looking for a Fabric Intern to join their team to gain experience of the everyday running of a busy fabric team in a fast-paced high end luxury design house. This intern provides support to the fabric team developing new ideas and innovative fabric designs, preparing for fittings and shows.
Main responsibilities include:
• Offer ideas and inspiration on fabrics and development and propose creative solution
• Helping with the preparation of meetings (presentation cards, making boards with swatches, etc.)
• Research, design and development of new fabric concepts and technologies and propose ideas according to the Head of Fabric Development brief:
• Design research for each collection
• Archiving collection fabrics
• Keeping records of the incoming fabrics
• Working with Photoshop to modify designs
• Dying swatches
• Demonstrate passion and affinity with the brand aesthetic
• Drive innovation and creative thinking
• General administration work (preparing DHL, etc.)
The ideal candidate should:
– have a background in textiles (print, weave, embroidery)
– be able to use Photoshop and Illustrator
– be a fast learner and wants to learn
– be good in a team
– work well under stress
– be precise, organised and able to multi-task.
The ideal candidate should have:
• MA Degree in textile design
• Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Strong organisational skills
• A fluent level in English is essential and French would be an advantage
Salary £280 per week
Internship Length 6 months
Closing date November 25, 2015
To apply go here
Fashion house Celine are looking for a ready-to-wear intern to assist in their London studio for 3 months.
This intern provides support to the pre-collection RTW team through developing new ideas and innovative designs, preparing for fittings and completing general administrative tasks.
This intern can gain experience of the everyday running of a busy design team in a fast-paced high end luxury design house.
The position is full time and paid.
Salary – £18,000 gross per annum
Closing date – June 25, 2015
To read more and apply go here