Christian Wijnants is an Antwerp-based designer who graduated from the Royal Academy of Art fashion department in 2000 and started his label in 2003. The womenswear collection is known for it’s luxurious knitwear and translation into textural prints.
As a knitwear designer you will be working closely with the designer and product developer. You will be in charge of the development of knits and prints from concept to production.
Your job responsibilities include:
• Creating mood boards, color stories, yarn selection and collection plans.
• Shape research, moulage and technical drawings
• Attend fittings and follow up.
• Creating prints by hand and by computer
• Launching styles at producers and subsequent planning and follow up
• Assist with show styling in Paris
• Oversee special projects and collaborations
Skills & Experience
– You have a bachelor degree in textile and or fashion design and at least 3 years of experience in a similar job and sufficient technical background.
– Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
– Strong communication skills in English, written and spoken. Understanding of Dutch is an advantage
– You are immune to stress, flexible, and have a pleasant attitude
– A drivers license B is a plus
Salary Start €2,000 (£1,570) a month
Location of vacancy Antwerp, Belgium
Position type Full Time
Closing date March 11, 2016
For more details and to apply go here