Christopher Raeburn is one of the most exciting emerging fashion brands in the UK.
Over the last four years the brand has developed a unique and innovative approach to design applied to menswear, womenswear, and accessories. The business currently produces four collections a year two men’s and two women’s along with complementary men’s and women’s accessories.
Christopher Raeburn is looking for a Design and Development Assistant to work across men’s and womenswear supporting the Design and Development Manager, Pattern Cutter and Lead Sample Machinist to improve and ensure quality, fit and cost, whilst achieving critical path objectives.
• Ability to enhance the seasonal research with updates from new and existing sources and to collate and present results to the team
• A good knowledge of fabrics and an ability to support the design team in identifying, sourcing and developing new seasonal fabric options
• An ability to accurately order and allocate all sampling fabrics, trims and components.
• Complete Tech Packs, which include accurate drawings, measurements, illustrations, key construction details, fabric, trim information e.t.c
• Work on the allocation of sampling cloth and components to vendors
• Work closely with designers to manage timely and complete development of new season styles, including samples and patterns adhering to the critical path.
• Manage the allocation of samples to achieve required quality and retail pricing guidelines.
• Work closely with Design to develop the collections to the agreed collection plan, progressing sample development from first prototype to final pre production
• Monitor the sampling budget with the Design/Development Manager
• Attend regular fit / design meetings ensuring efficient and clear communication with all suppliers, with the aim of ‘right first time’ sampling & pre productions
• Propose solutions to engineer products to achieve price points
• Sign off all fabrics, component and trims for production
• Work closely with Design to ensure accurate timings for in house styles to achieve better production planning
• Good technical knowledge of garment construction
• Good understanding of both men’s and womenswear
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to plan, multi-task and work under pressure
• Excellent Excel and computer skills
• Good negotiation and problem solving skills
• A ‘can do’ attitude
• Entitled to live and work in the UK
• Willingness to travel in the UK and Europe to visit factories and launch new styles
Location: East London
Salary: £16,000-£18,000 depending on experience
Closing date: 07.11.14
To apply go here