// Print focussed, womenswear label Emma Cook are looking for a studio intern to start ASAP.
Based in east London, Emma Cook require an intern for 3-5 months. The position is full time, but can be flexible for the right candidate and suitable for an Undergraduate/placement year student.
We’re looking for students from a fashion-oriented course who are responsible, motivated and have knowledge of pattern cutting and garment construction.
The student will be responsible for assisting with general studio maintenance, assisting product development team with toiling, pattern making, cutting final samples, finishing trials, assisting with distribution, stock management and e-commerce.
• Extensive knowledge of fabrics and garment construction;
• Confident in hand/machine sewing;
• Strong organisational skills;
• Ability to work under pressure with efficiency.
• Strong attention to detail
• Illustrator and Photoshop skills are also beneficial
For more information and to apply go here.
//London based label Swash are looking for a Studio Assistant/Production Assistant for an internship.
Swash are widely known for their whimsical nature based illustrations featuring on a wide variety of scarves, women’s and menswear and accessories. Each illustration is meticulously researched, hand drawn and hand coloured before being arranged into a scarf artwork. These in turn inspire the clothing and accessories collections which are also heavily print based with elements of knit and leather work.
Length of Placement: 4 weeks – 3 months
Location: Broadway Market, Hackney, London
Experience gained: The student/graduate could gain experience of pattern cutting, toiling, sample stitching, cutting & lay planning with print alongside production and deliveries. The candidate will work on SS15 womenswear collection, developing and producing. The candidate will be able to observe first hand a collection from realisation though to production.
This placement would benefit a creative student/ graduate with a keen interest in fashion, design and making who likes working as part of a team and is eager to learn. Applicants should be enthusiastic, motivated and available to start immediately
Expenses: Travel expenses only
Supervision: The student/graduate would be supervised by studio manager Rhiannon Firth
To Apply: Applicants should submit a current CV here
//Jigsaw are now recruiting for a paid Design Assistant Internship. The internship is for a minimum of 3 months. Pay £13,000 p.a
Main duties include:
• Working alongside the design team on all Menswear and Womenswear product categories
• Conduct inspiration research and help to create mood boards and colour palettes
• Manage fabric sampling process by ordering, booking in, recording and sending out to suppliers.
• Amalgamating all fabric specifications and prices
• Creating technical specs for styles
• Assisting with fit sessions and sample management
• Helping the BAA to get samples ready for key meetings
• Assisting the creation of the style boards
• Creating key documents for essential meetings like press day, managers meeting, strategy meetings
• General administration
• Assisting the BAA with press samples and working with them to ensure that we have sampling fabric for press samples.
You will gain first hand experience with working for a successful fashion company from conception to construction and being part of our design team, among other valuable experiences.
Deadline for applications 25th September 2014. To apply go here