Here at Lipsy we are looking for a print designer (apparel) to join our design team on a freelance contract.
You will be working directly with the in house design team and will take briefs from them. The role will cover both the party range and the formal day collection working with both digital and screen print.
Lipsy is a fast paced design led brand, so we are looking for someone who can develop print collections and come up with creative ideas that follow the catwalk trends that compliment the fashion conscience Lipsy customer.
If this sounds like your next opportunity please send your CV and sample portfolio to HOrecruitment@lipsy.co.uk
To assist in delivering seasonal collections that drive sales and profits in line with the Brand values and strategy of Marie-Chantal. Founded in 2001 by HRH Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece, Marie-Chantal is an international childrenswear brand offering clothing that celebrates the playfulness of childhood while also being stylish and contemporary styles that won’t date.
As a Design Assistant your main duties and responsibilities would include:
- Thorough competitor analysis and use of forecasting websites provide market research to assist in the creation of mood boards, colour palettes, print and fabric ideas.
- Assist in the creation of colour CAD sketches, using Adobe Illustrator, to support the production of the category and collection sheets.
- Contribute towards seasonal design packs across girls, boys and baby, as briefed and overseen by the Design Manager.
- Assist in the production of all over prints, embroideries and graphics.
- Set up and maintain seasonal product style code sheets.
- Enter all product data on to the collection sheets.
- Assist the Design team in the initial set up of design spec sheets.
- Assist the Design team with spec sheet and artwork amendments for production
- Assist the Design team in updating and maintaining all digital and hard copy sketch sheets / artwork and Spec packs.
- Assist Product Development and the Product team in preparing the SMS and showroom for Range review.
- Create the seasonal Wholesale line books using InDesign.
- Organise and maintain all product samples, fabrics, trims, buttons and yarn books.
- Organise and manage all DHL packages to the factories.
Apply through LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/13371424?trk=job_view_similar_jobs
Mirjam Rouden, a Textile print design studio, who produce artwork and sell the copyright internationally, predominantly to fashion brands are searching for a skilled in-house textiles CAD designer to rework artworks our clients have bought on request. This position only involves reworking print that have already been designed, i.e. not creating any artwork from scratch and not working from any design briefs. A visual judgement is however needed to be able to see if a repeat flows well or if recoloured artwork looks good.
–Repeats, colour separations and recolouring.
–Cleaning up hand made artworks on the computer and converting hand painted fabric into digital artworks ready for production.
–Scanning in hand painted fabric on a large format scanner.
The position also involves some organisational and administrational tasks such as mounting and numbering designs and grouping and hanging up prints that have come back from sales trips.
At busy times you will also be working with our numerous interns to direct them and show them how to help with doing the CAD development works.
Not much training will be given. You will be expected to already know how to do repeats and colour separations and use your own methods. Have to be flexible with working hours and be able to stay late to finish off work at busy times.
Desired Skills and Experience:
-Adobe Creative Suite, Mac, Communication skills an advantage as the position involves some liaising with clients.
Regularly 48 hours working week. Salary depending on experience.
This sounds like a great graduate position, to support the design team for both our Fashion and Textiles students.
Primarily you will organise the production of approved prototypes for Menswear, liaising with Designers, Technical/Production Managers and factories. To provide and chase samples from manufacturing following the guidelines set by Paul Smith.Key duties include: translating key design sketches into workable technical construction notes and diagrams; assisting in the research of trims; providing trim information of all styles for sampling and production; altering and updating technical construction details, providing an accurate record on each style; to attend prototype and sample fit sessions with Designers and Technical colleagues making accurate notes; to check garments returning from factories and approving samples prior to pre-production meetings; to organise any resampling of garments prior to grading and production and improving on any specific technical problems; maintaining complete support with factories throughout the production season; completing and reporting back on Quality/Audits as required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
The successful applicant will have a 2:1 degree in Textiles / Fashion Technology or equivalent practical attainment; advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office; credible technical experience in menswear; experience producing prototypes made to designer, pattern and factory requirements; proven technical understanding of product construction and materials, experience with shirting /outerwear is desirable; able to plan, organise and prioritise workload to meet set deadlines. This role requires flexibility over working hours and the ability to travel both within the U.K. & internationally. A full, current Driving Licence is essential for this role.
Download essential information pack before applying from the website www.paulsmith.co.uk, or request via e-mail from email@example.com
Applications should have full covering letter and CV, stating current salary and Reference No: 9472 with work examples totalling no more than 10 pages by: 29th April 2014 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Idaho Design is a leading supplier of woven and printed fabrics for men’s neckwear and we are currently recruiting for a maternity contract position. ASSISTANT TEXTILE DESIGNER – MEN’S ACCESSORIES Maternity Contract 12 months plus
Idaho Design is a leading supplier of woven and printed fabrics for men’s neckwear and we are currently recruiting for a maternity contract position. We are looking for a talented recent graduate to join our friendly team as an Assistant Designer.
Our ideal candidate would have a relevant degree in Woven Textiles and would be available to start as soon as possible. The role of Assistant Designer would be to support the other in-house designers across our high street accounts and take responsibility for our corporate accounts. There will also be a fair amount of admin related tasks so this role would suit someone with excellent organisational skills. The key responsibilities would include researching trends, CAD design, design related admin, putting together trend boards, assisting with designing the ranges and liaising with factories and fabric mills.
Key Skills Required
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proficient in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Trend Awareness
- Excellent time management
- Good print knowledge
- Versatile design handwriting
This is a great opportunity for a recent graduate to gain experience in a fast paced design environment with the potential of taking on more responsibility as the role develops. If this role sounds right for you please email a CV and a few jpegs of your work to email@example.com
Recruiting an assistant role, with a woven textile background. The spec is as follows: Merchandising Executive
It is a not a pure design role, more an assistant role supoorting myself and my colleague.Responsibilities will include: Some design work, fittings, filing and general support.
* DESIGN ASSISTANT 30% DESIGN
* FITTINGS OF GARMENTS BEFORE SIGN OFF FOR BULK
* ORGANISATIONAL ROLE FOR SMALL TEAM
* THIS IS AN ASSISTANT ROLE WITH GREAT SCOPE FOR GROWTH
Company: shirting manufacturer and our office is based in central London (Oxford Circus / Tottenham Court Rd tube). Looking for a WOVEN textile design graduate with a 2:1+ degree.
You need to be highly organised, an excellent communicator, dedicated, motivated and a fast learner. Please can you ask any interested graduates to submit their CVs to Caroline Potter, Merchandising Manager EMAIL: PotterC@esquel.com
Paid Fashion Design Assistant based in Bristol – 3 days per week
Company: NOMADS CLOTHING www.nomadsclothing.com
Role: Womenswear Fashion Design Assistant
Length: Mid Jan to Mid April 2014 – 3 days per week (flexible with which days). Potential of future work too, so would be great if you are already based in the South West.
Pay: £ 8 per hour
Deadline for application: Ongoing
Contact: Niki at firstname.lastname@example.org Title of email to be your name and intern 2014 e.g. John Smith Intern 2014. See further application details at the bottom of the page.
Work with a designer who has over 14 years industry experience and senior contacts at ASOS, Monsoon, White Stuff, Fat Face, Wallis, Phase Eight, Oliver Bonas etc. The designer is also an illustrator and has worked with Cosmopolitan, Look Mag, Glamour Mag, BBC Radio 1, River Island etc.
You will learn a lot from this placement and strengthen your portfolio in a very short space of time.
You may gain the following experience:
You will be working with me on SS15 doing catwalk and shop research, mood boards, colour analysis. You will then help me with embroidery and embellishment artworks as well as general admin, popping to the post office, filing etc. It is a varied and hands on role and so I need someone bright, talented, willing and hands on. A love of colour, textiles, print is a must as are strong Photoshop skills.
We are looking for: GRADUATES ONLY (fashion/textiles)
CV to be saved as your name and CV e.g. JohnSmithCV and sent as a pdf or jpg
Please look at nomadsclothing.com and send examples of relevant work, including examples of Photoshop presentation work AND hand-drawn designs. I want to see that you are bursting with ideas, so scans of sketchbooks etc would be good.
Please reduce images so the whole email is 8MB or less. Do not send over multiple emails or send links to Dropbox or YouSendIt etc as I will not open these I’m afraid.
Fancy a Fashion Textiles Placement/Internship @ Jacques Vert, London? See details below.
Closes: 10 January 2014
Location: Angel, North London
- Working across all eight brands the candidate will be required to re-colour prints, create new print designs and be able to put designs into simple repeat layouts. Design and create embellishments, jacquards and various fabric patterns.
- Research and development of trends including key shapes, colour, print and fabric analysis, collate shop research.
- Assist with preparation of presentation materials including trend boards, brand room set-ups and range material when required.
- Assist with all areas of administration related to the print design function including seasonal brand files and design cataloguing.
- Support Design Director with design related administration and tasks.
The candidate will need to be enrolled ideally on a degree course studying for a Printed fashion textile qualification.
We are looking for dynamism, flexibility and a strong understanding of fashion brands, along with passion, enthusiasm, the ability to work well under pressure and a creative portfolio. Essentially you will need to be a confident communicator and your portfolio should indicate strength in original feminine and sophisticated prints and textile designs.
- Strong CAD photoshop(MAC) skills and ideally have some knowledge of powerpoint. We will give further training in both these programmes.
- Competent hand-drawing/painting skills with a feminine fashion bias and an understanding of applique, embroidery and fabric manipulation.
- A professional – ‘can-do’ attitude with a common sense approach to problem solving and a confident communicator both visually and verbally.
- Be flexible and practical with task management and with an ability to work under pressure.
- An enthusiastic individual happy to work in a strong team orientated environment.
Let us know if you are applying – Good Luck!
Working within the design office of a renowned decorative trimmings company. Designing trimming collections for leading interior design companies and bespoke interior design projects. Creating and maintaining client relationships, providing excellent service and exceeding expectations. Working with a varied spectrum of clients from high end international fabric houses to high street retail sectors.
– To be highly motivated and have a passion for colour work and current trends.
– Able to work within a team and to work on individual projects
– To confidently represent the company when meeting with clients
– Good understanding and interpretation of clients brief and be a clear communicator from initial client meeting through to manufacturing and final presentation.
– Good organisational skills
– A varied role working to deadlines
– Woven or knitted experience would be a benefit
– Good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop
– Full driving licence would be a benefit
Rewarding opportunity for both an experienced designer or a graduate to join a creative team.