Herbert Parkinson Ltd is situated in Darwen, North West Lancashire. Established in 1935 as a weaver of jacquard furnishing fabrics, it was acquired by the John Lewis Partnership in 1953 to provide an exclusive range of soft furnishing products.
We’re currently recruiting for a Textile Designer to join our team. If successful after applying, you will work from the interpretation of a customer’s art work into weave qualities and to engineer these qualities to meet the performance criteria and target price point.
You would also be responsible for creating original art work for jacquard qualities in line with collections and current trends, while extending and updating design and quality portfolio to show case to customers.
As a Partner in this team, you will support when necessary in liaisons with the production team for sampling requirements and assist to keep sampling to a minimum. Every day is different and you’ll face new exciting challenges when assisting the design team in their day to day work load.
This is a 12 month fixed-term contract, with a view to securing a permanent position based on your performance and progression.
- BA textile design qualification or similar qualification if possible with experience in textile weave design
- Knowledge of fabric structures both Jacquard and Dobby, with relevance to furnishing fabrics
- Ability to create original art work for jacquard qualities
- Some understanding of textile machinery and jacquard harness ties
- Must be computer literate with CAD software, preferably with Ned Graphics and Illustrator.
Closing date: 21 September 2014. To apply go here