SuperGroup plc is the owner of the dynamic Superdry brand and operates in the premium branded fashion clothing sector. Superdry focuses on high quality fashionable menswear, womenswear and accessories, fusing vintage Americana and Japanese graphics with a British style. Superdry operates a multi-channel business through a combination of standalone stores, concessions, ecommerce, and UK and international wholesale. Our global headquarters are based in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Trainee Designer who will join the Design team at our head offices in Cheltenham. For this role, you will need to have a fashion design or related degree, with some experience of working in a design role. We are seeking a talented, upcoming designer with a real creative flair, lots of ideas and a strong understanding and passion for the Superdry brand and ethos. This role is focussed on outerwear which will encompass the evolution of our classic Windcheater and the development of new products in one of our key product areas.
When applying for this role could you please attach a link to your portfolio.
The key accountabilities of the role will be:
- Actively contributing at Departmental strategy meetings
- Regularly monitoring and reporting competitor activity
- Working with other designers to produce technical garment specifications and create technical design spec packs, updating them with design updates/changes
- Demonstrating a thorough knowledge of the supply base and its product capabilities
- Managing the upload and organisation of the design specifications onto our `Design Store` internal backup
- Communicating with our Garment Tech team when required and providing them information about garments during the fit process
- Assisting our designers with developing existing products
- Designing outstanding product, adhering to legal guidelines, using CAD, Illustrator and Photoshop
What we’re looking for
To be considered, you must have:
- Achieved a 2:1 or First class degree in a fashion design related discipline
- Previous experience working within a similar role, this can be from within a placement year or a number of internships
- An understanding of different outerwear styles and fabrics is highly advantageous in this role. This includes technical, leather, wool, soft shell, padded, sports, casual and tailored as well as some knowledge of fabrics and garment construction.
- Knowledge of Photoshop or Illustrator
- Demonstrated awareness of colour and fabric direction and innovation
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of our core/target customer
Application deadline 15th October. To apply go here