An excellent competition has just launched with Levi’s x Arts Thread. Read the details below and consider entering!
PRIZE: A paid 10 week Design internship at Levi’s San Francisco Headquarters in summer 2016. As part of the internship you’ll get work with the best denim experts on the planet, and visit the legendary Levi’s Archive and the Eureka Innovation Lab.
One of the most important roles of Design is to create an identity and a clear product aesthetic that reflects and amplifies the character of the brand. As designers, we create identity and desire. We create value by creating newness, emotional story-driven products that, like our old 501’s, become coveted collectors’ items of the future.
The concept behind Levi’s® Made & Crafted® builds on the legacy of the Levi’s brand, its authenticity, its soul, and project that into the future using today’s best materials and construction techniques. Quality and thoughtfulness is what’s luxury today. It’s the special things beyond just the price tag.
Made & Crafted also formed the basis of a collaboration between Made & Crafted and Off-White c/o Virgil Abloh for a new Fall/Winter 2016 collection, which debuted on the Paris catwalks earlier this year, and again for his 2017 Resort collection this June. It went so well that Virgil came back to our Eureka Innovation Lab and our Made & Crafted team, to design a special 100-piece limited edition “Made-in-Eureka Levi’s Made & Crafted x Off-White” collection.
Write a manifesto. We want to see what your Made & Crafted stands for. How do you take what Made & Crafted looks like today and push it into the future? What makes it different and yet undisputedly Levi’s®? How would you describe it to a friend?
Create the future of your Made & Crafted® world.
Entries Must Include:
1. Trend Report – Trend is about understanding human nature. The changes in people’s values and expectations. We’d like you to join dots between macro, retail, catwalk, street trends–– and how they have influenced your design.
2. The Tribe – describe the type of person this collection is aimed at. What do they like/do? Bring them to life – a combination of words and pictures.
3. The Made & Crafted Identity: Show the visual identity for the brand. Do this anyway you like – for instance…What does packaging look like? Hang tags, pocket flashers, bags? Was does a store look like? Physical, Online? Create the ecosystem, the Made & Crafted world. The experience.
4. Design drawings: 4 – 8 outfits. Men’s, Women’s, unisex – any combination. We’ll leave the genders up to you.
*Your submission images must be in JPEG format with maximum size of 5MB per image.
Open to anyone worldwide over who is –
- enrolled in a Fashion Design program with an accredited college/university.
- graduating between September 2017 – June 2018.
ENTRY: Free to enter
DEADLINE: November 30 2016 MIDNIGHT EST