Derek Rose Ltd are a luxury brand based on Baker Street, London specialising in nightwear, underwear and loungewear. All of our textiles are designed in-house including repeat print, jacquards and yarn dyed stripes and checks. This is an exciting opportunity for a Textiles graduate looking to gain industry experience.
You will be a part of a small team working directly with the internal designers contributing to the development of the SS17 collection and supporting the general running of the design office.
This internship is full time and will last six months to start end of July finishing end of January.
The ideal candidate:
- Textiles (BA) hons degree
- Interest and knowledge of designing prints and yarn dyed stripes and checks
- Strong commercial awareness
- Interest in textile design for both men’s and womenswear
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- An excellent understanding of working in a fashion environment and of the design process
- Be proactive and able to work independently on your own initiative
Duties to include:
- Assisting the designers to design print, jacquards and yarn dyed stripes and checks
- Creating design tech sheets
- Using Adobe Creative Suite to bring concepts to design
- Assisting with administrative tasks including archiving fabrics, filing, answering calls, maintaining showroom, updating design boards and other day to day tasks
- Researching new trends, creating mood boards and colour research
- Producing marketing materials using Adobe InDesign
If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you. To apply email us a PDF portfolio, CV and cover letter. To read more about this post go here.