London based brand YMC are recruiting.
We are looking for a highly passionate design graduate to assist the womenswear designer on a full-time basis. The role will require a highly organized individual with a great passion for the brand and an eagerness to learn and develop their creative Das well as their professional skills.
This is a great opportunity to enter the industry and we would hope to find a candidate to become part of the YMC “family”.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a highly talented and organized individual to support the womenswear designer. The candidate will be responsible for:
• Work closely with womenswear designer.
• Attend fabric shows with the womenswear designer.
• Enquire about all fabrics.
• Generate style codes and page numbers for the season.
• Make season folders and update these as info changes.
• Create spec sheets for every individual style.
• Research finishing’s and trims for the garments.
• Create linesheets for the season. This includes spec drawings of all garments.
• Communicate with all factories. This includes sending them spec sheets, artwork and fit comments.
• Keep a tight eye on deadlines and chase factories or other departments if things are late.
• Get all info about garments from factories including trims, binding and lining quality.
• Set up new collection in PDM.
• Generate season swatchbook for QA.
• Assist with organizing photoshoots.
• Take pictures of every garment, including detail shots for internal purposes.
• Measure all garments.
• Attend fit meetings with QA and make a note of all changes.
• Organize work space and file everything properly so other departments have easy access to info.
• Work closely with other departments of the business when needed.
We are looking for a cultured individual with the drive to achieve, strong communication skills, an obsessive attention to detail, a hands on approach and humility to work in a small team where passion is key. The candidate must have the following attributes:
• Extremely organised.
• Fluent in English.
• High competency in Illustrator, Photoshop and Excel is a must.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• The ability to work well alone as well as in a team.
• Extremely passionate.
• Have extensive technical knowledge as well as excellent design aesthetic.
• Great research skills.
• Raw material understanding.
• Good at taking direction and eager to learn.
• “Can do” attitude and proactive.
• Have great respect and good understanding of the brand and their competitors.
• Harmonious and happy.
Please send your cover letter + CV + portfolio via the form here.
Stephen Walters are silk weavers designing and producing fabric for international luxury brands. They have built their reputation as design leaders working exclusively with fashion houses across the world.
They are recruiting for the following two positions to join their highly regarded design team:
- Textile Designer to work within their technical design team producing designs using their jacquard software.
- Textile Designer to work within their creative design team producing CAD representations of their jacquard designs.
The design work is extremely varied and covers a broad range of fabrics from men’s neckwear to contemporary womenswear and furnishings.
They are looking for two designers with good artistic ability and drawing skills, a sensitivity to colour, a diversity of styles and attention to detail. An understanding of CAD systems would be beneficial but not essential, as full training will be given to the successful applicant.
Their design team is currently made up of trained designers from a variety of disciplines such as print, surface pattern and weave. They would like to hear from anyone who is qualified in similar areas.
Closing date for applications 26.06.15
Please email your CV with a covering letter to
Katherine Winterton: firstname.lastname@example.org