London based fashion label Celine are looking for an Atelier Intern.
• Be confident when tracing patterns and cutting fabric
• Develop the skill of flat pattern cutting from vintage and ready-made garments
• Improve speed of pattern cutting while still retaining quality
• Improve hand-sewing and machine-sewing skills
• Create test samples for designers
• Develop autonomy in preparing fusing sample tests for presentation to designers
• Ensure attention to detail when pressing and preparing garments for fittings
• Ensure quality when making final small alterations before fittings
Skills & Experience
Flat pattern cutting, draping & toiling, sewing, fabric development
This position is ideal for someone who would like:
• To develop knowledge and ability to work in a fast-paced high end luxury design house
• To practice and improve key technical skills in a working environment
• To develop teamwork and ability to work towards tight deadlines.
Salary – £18,000 per annum
Location – West End, London
Hours – 37.5 hours per week
Internship Length – 6 months
Closing date – November 07, 2016
For more details and to apply go here
Orla Kiely is a fashion and lifestyle brand based in London that uses prints and colours with a vintage reference to the 60’s and 70’s whilst still being current.
– Pattern making / Tracing
– Keeping pattern library in order
– Sample cutting / Toile sewing
– Hand Finishing
– Fabric and Trim sourcing
– General Studio Errands
– Organisation of Studio
The candidate will gain knowledge of how a fashion studio is run from design to production whilst gaining pattern cutting and sewing knowledge.
– From a Fashion related course
– Able to sew on industrial sewing machines
– Knowledge of pattern cutting and garment construction
– Photoshop and Illustrator Skills
– Responsible and self-motivated
– Well organised
Salary £6.70 per hour
Location of internship London W1
Hours 9am – 6pm
Internship Length 3 months
Closing date February 26, 2016
To apply go here
Saloni is a luxury womenswear brand, encompassing feminine, playful and effortless elegance. They are designed for a woman who confidently embraces vivid prints and colour palettes while also appreciating the value of artisanal craft.
We are currently seeking a pattern cutting intern to assist the pattern cutting team in our London office. The ideal candidate will need to have pattern cutting experience and be passionate about pursuing this as a career. The chosen intern will need to be able to excel in a fast paced environment and have a good understanding of garment construction. You should also have an eye for detail and precision as accuracy is imperative.
We are looking for an individual who is reliable, enthusiastic and able to work independently as well as in a team.
Position is available immediately, with the duration of the placement being a minimum one month and a maximum six. Placement is unpaid, apart from travel costs which will be covered for zones 1-2 only. This is a great opportunity for a student or graduate to gain industry experience in a fast paced design studio.
• Pattern cutting experience
• Strong understanding of garment construction/ technical side of design
• Experience tracing pattern/ cutting and stitching toiles
• Organised with good attention to detail
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team
• Positive & self-motivated attitude
• Undergraduate or graduate in relevant fashion/design based degree
Please send your CV and any relevant examples of work.
To apply please go here
Thomas Tait is currently seeking a Studio Intern with a Design/Pattern Cutting background to help our luxury womenswear studio work for the exhibition at Pitti Woman Florence in June and SS16 show London in September.
Duration is 3 to 6 months full-time internship starting from April, May or June.
• Pattern making / Draping / Pattern alteration / Tracing
• Sample cutting / Toile stitching
• Assisting spec pack and Technical Drawing by Illustrator and Excel
• Assisting research of designer such as images, materials, suppliers, techniques
• Assisting fitting
• Visiting manufactures for product development
• Hand finishing
• Fabric and trim sourcing
• General studio errands
• Excellent knowledge in pattern cutting and garments construction
• Sewing skill of industrial machine and hand
• Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• Fluent verbal communication
• Able to discuss ideas and solutions
• BA Fashion Design / Pattern Cutting background
• Reliable, hard-working, flexible and willing to learn
• Able to meet deadlines and work under pressure
• Focus, organized and proactive
• Good at team work
The Intern will:
• Support and be involved in our project for fashion exhibition Pitti Woman 2015
• Get to see the development of a collection from start to finish and be part of the run up to a show
• Helping backstage of SS16 show at LFW in September
• Be able to develop strong pattern cutting skills and design development strategy which will support your future work
• Gain the knowledge of variety of materials
If you think you are the right person for this role, please send us documents below and specify your availability via the form
• Covering letter
• Portfolio in PDF file or the link of the online portfolio
Due to high amount of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.
Please go here to apply.
Karen Millen is a London-based International fashion house with stores in over 60 countries across six continents. Though we’re UK born and bred, over 60% of our sales today come from international markets; through our standalone stores in fashion and cultural capitals, as well as via successful partnerships with iconic retailers such as Selfridges, Bloomingdales, Galeries Lafayette and El Corto Ingles.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Creative and Technical Pattern Cutter based in our Shoreditch Atelier.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Work collaboratively with our Senior Designers
- Structure complex and detailed garments in different fabrications
- Maintain tight deadlines whilst bring accurate and having great attention to detail
- Have experience in draping on a stand
- Have used Gerber (desirable not essential)
- Are self-motivated and proactive
- Can work as part of a team and has strong communication skills.
Please note that the interview process will involve a 2 day unpaid trial and interview.
If you are interested in applying send your Covering Letter with your availability and CV by 12 January 2015 to email@example.com
Please note due to the high volume of applications that we receive only successful applicants will be contacted.
Follow us on Twitter for all our latest vacancies @KMcareers