London based fashion label Celine are looking for an Atelier Intern.
• Be confident when tracing patterns and cutting fabric
• Develop the skill of flat pattern cutting from vintage and ready-made garments
• Improve speed of pattern cutting while still retaining quality
• Improve hand-sewing and machine-sewing skills
• Create test samples for designers
• Develop autonomy in preparing fusing sample tests for presentation to designers
• Ensure attention to detail when pressing and preparing garments for fittings
• Ensure quality when making final small alterations before fittings
Skills & Experience
Flat pattern cutting, draping & toiling, sewing, fabric development
This position is ideal for someone who would like:
• To develop knowledge and ability to work in a fast-paced high end luxury design house
• To practice and improve key technical skills in a working environment
• To develop teamwork and ability to work towards tight deadlines.
Salary – £18,000 per annum
Location – West End, London
Hours – 37.5 hours per week
Internship Length – 6 months
Closing date – November 07, 2016
For more details and to apply go here
Saloni is a luxury womenswear brand, encompassing feminine, playful and effortless elegance. They are designed for a woman who confidently embraces vivid prints and colour palettes while also appreciating the value of artisanal craft.
We are currently seeking a pattern cutting intern to assist the pattern cutting team in our London office. The ideal candidate will need to have pattern cutting experience and be passionate about pursuing this as a career. The chosen intern will need to be able to excel in a fast paced environment and have a good understanding of garment construction. You should also have an eye for detail and precision as accuracy is imperative.
We are looking for an individual who is reliable, enthusiastic and able to work independently as well as in a team.
Position is available immediately, with the duration of the placement being a minimum one month and a maximum six. Placement is unpaid, apart from travel costs which will be covered for zones 1-2 only. This is a great opportunity for a student or graduate to gain industry experience in a fast paced design studio.
• Pattern cutting experience
• Strong understanding of garment construction/ technical side of design
• Experience tracing pattern/ cutting and stitching toiles
• Organised with good attention to detail
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work well in a team
• Positive & self-motivated attitude
• Undergraduate or graduate in relevant fashion/design based degree
Please send your CV and any relevant examples of work.
To apply please go here