|We’re expanding our small team and are looking for a creative young textile designer who wants a chance to build up an exciting portfolio of work for us. It’s a brand new role, so there is plenty of scope to carve it out. The new Textile Designer will work closely with the Creative Director, working to her strong brief for each season and making sure that our bespoke textiles are made to the highest quality, and on time. You will be part of the decision making process in the creative team, able to challenge yourself and colleagues to push boundaries, and make recommendations for innovating and improving our products and ways of working. We’re looking for someone who can take pride and responsibility for their own work, and be able to take on additional tasks as this.
- Working under the direction of the Creative Director to produce seasonal moodboards to set the theme for the season
- Visualising the Creative Director’s textile design directions, researching and experimenting and producing in-house fabric samples
- Track out of house production of bespoke fabrics, ensuring production matches the samples
- Managing the Textile Sampling Schedule; ensure they are made on time
- Ensuring that all work is completed at each stage of the sampling process within the textile department, within specified deadlines as communicated in the Critical Path from the Studio Manager
- Weekly progress reports
- Ongoing assessment of existing fabric production suppliers base
- Sourcing new suppliers for fabric production
- Ongoing targets to reduce costs, whilst maintaining quality
- Organise and constantly update an archive of Textile Techniques
- Recruit and manage a textile design intern to assist with textile research
- Other relevant duties as requested from time to time
The Ideal Candidate:
- Able to demonstrate creative flair and a strong knowhow for textiles techniques including weave, knit and print
- Ability to work well independently, as well as in a team
- Good communicator, able to motivate our intern team
- Good time-management skills, able to organise and prioritise your work
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Commercial awareness and knowledge of the current market
- Good negotiation skills for working with suppliers
- Confidence and self motivation
- A positive attitude and a good sense of humour
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally when needed.
To apply, send us your cv, tell us how you heard about this new job, and send us a 10 page portfolio showing examples of your moodboards and your textile designs, making sure to include.
Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re interviewing for this post on a rolling basis, so apply quickly before we appoint someone.
- Your Line Manager will be the Creative Director
- Your place of work will normally be at our London studio
- The position is full-time
- Starting salary of £15,000p.a.
- 25 days annual leave entitlement, in addition to public holidays
For more details go here