|We’re expanding our small team and are looking for a creative young textile designer who wants a chance to build up an exciting portfolio of work for us. It’s a brand new role, so there is plenty of scope to carve it out. The new Textile Designer will work closely with the Creative Director, working to her strong brief for each season and making sure that our bespoke textiles are made to the highest quality, and on time. You will be part of the decision making process in the creative team, able to challenge yourself and colleagues to push boundaries, and make recommendations for innovating and improving our products and ways of working. We’re looking for someone who can take pride and responsibility for their own work, and be able to take on additional tasks as this.
The Ideal Candidate:
To apply, send us your cv, tell us how you heard about this new job, and send us a 10 page portfolio showing examples of your moodboards and your textile designs, making sure to include.
Email it to email@example.com
We’re interviewing for this post on a rolling basis, so apply quickly before we appoint someone.
For more details go here
Asiatic are currently recruiting for the following role:
We are looking for a designer to work at our London head office 4 days a week. The successful applicant will be creating designs for our own collections as well as for our clients.
This role would be suited to a Textiles Graduate with strong attention to detail, an ability to work in a broad spectrum of styles and a eye for colour. Strong Photoshop and Illustrator skills are extremely important, along with good hand drawing skills. The successful applicant will work closely with the product development team but will also need to be able to work independently.
This is a varied role and responsibilities include, but are not limited too;
- Following design and trend briefs provided by a range of high street interior brands.
- Creating new designs and adapting existing designs, for both the high street and the companies own collection.
- Conducting research into current and future trends.
- Compiling mood boards and colour stories.
- Carrying out Comp Shops.
Essential skills and experience
- Degree in a relevant subject, preferably textile design (Print, Weave or Surface pattern).
- Creative flair and commercial approach to design.
- Sensitivity to colour.
- Strong CAD skills, Photoshop and Illustrator experience.
- Ability to identify key trends, and interpret these in a relevant and commercial way.
- Knowledge of high street interiors market.
- Ability to work towards specific and varied briefs.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to successfully work as part of a team and independently.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- This is an entry level role but some relevant experience within a similar role or internship is required.
Hours of work: 9am to 5.30pm Monday-Thursday Location: London N4
Salary: Dependant on experience
To apply for this role please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- general studio organisation
- assisting pattern cutters with tracing and alterations
- hand sewing and embellishments
- preparing and delivering materials to our London based manufacturers
- quality checking fabrics, prints and embroideries
- assisting with print placements and lay plans basic studio errands
- Basic knowledge of pattern cutting
- Strong attention to detail is essential
- Ability to work efficiently to meet deadlines
- Hand / machine sewing
- Applicants must have a professional attitude and operate well as part of a team.
Julien Macdonald is a luxury women’s fashion brand famous for its red carpet dressing.
We are currently looking to fill knit internship positions for the S/S 17 show from May to September 2016. We are looking for students with excellent knitting skills. You should have previous experience using domestic knitting machines; fully fashioning garments and be very competent and confident with a wide variety of stitches.
Essential Personal Skills
We are looking for an individual with the following personal skills and attributes:
- Professional and enthusiastic attitude & approach;
- Flexible and self-motivated approach with the ability to adapt to a changing environment;
- Have the ability to operate effectively as part of a team as well as, where appropriate, on your own initiative;
We are looking for interns to work for up to 6 months to help us prepare for the show which is in late September.
If you think you’ve got what it takes please send your CV and examples of work with a brief covering letter to Emilia Pancheri via the link here.
As a result of continued growth at Roland Mouret and the development of the knitwear category within our collection, we are looking for an experienced, passionate, innovative and dedicated knitwear designer to join our team and work alongside the Creative Director and Knitwear Product Developer to produce an exciting and commercial knitwear collection.
We want to hear from someone with a real passion for knitwear who can push the boundaries and excite us with their designs while appreciating the Roland Mouret brand aesthetic.
Main duties will include:
-Ensure that the company brief for the brand is adhered to.
-Plan the range.
-Produce initial trend, range and pack concepts and colour boards.
-Produce key shapes for each product category.
-Working with the Knitwear Developer, source and match all trimmings, button linings etc. for initial samples.
-Review initial samples with the Creative Director and Collection Development team to assess styling issues prior to fitting.
-Communicate design ideas in a confident and enthusiastic manner.
We are looking for someone with the following skills/attributes/experience:
-Creative flair and innovation and a proactive approach to design.
-Commercial industry experience required since graduating, ideally with a luxury brand(s).
-Able to identify key trends, and interpret these in a relevant and commercial way for the customer.
-Must be able to work in a fast paced fashion environment.
-Excellent understanding of garment construction and in particular knitwear manufacturing methods.
-Able to work on their own – take initiative.
-Communication, interpersonal and influencing skills at all level.
-Strong organisational skills with the ability to work to deadlines is essential
-Target driven with a passion for fashion and the confidence to grow and develop.
-Ability to produce technical sheets for manufacturing products.
-Flexible with working hours including overtime and travel.
-Strong CAD skills and Illustrator experience.
-Creative and innovative with confidence to present ideas to others.
-Good presentation skills.
-Digital approach to working processes.
For more details and to apply go here
- pull-ins & returns
- editing looks
- studio admin
- creating fashion & mood boards
- assisting on shoot days
Christian Wijnants is an Antwerp-based designer who graduated from the Royal Academy of Art fashion department in 2000 and started his label in 2003. The womenswear collection is known for it’s luxurious knitwear and translation into textural prints.
As a knitwear designer you will be working closely with the designer and product developer. You will be in charge of the development of knits and prints from concept to production.
Your job responsibilities include:
• Creating mood boards, color stories, yarn selection and collection plans.
• Shape research, moulage and technical drawings
• Attend fittings and follow up.
• Creating prints by hand and by computer
• Launching styles at producers and subsequent planning and follow up
• Assist with show styling in Paris
• Oversee special projects and collaborations
Skills & Experience
– You have a bachelor degree in textile and or fashion design and at least 3 years of experience in a similar job and sufficient technical background.
– Knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
– Strong communication skills in English, written and spoken. Understanding of Dutch is an advantage
– You are immune to stress, flexible, and have a pleasant attitude
– A drivers license B is a plus
Salary Start €2,000 (£1,570) a month
Location of vacancy Antwerp, Belgium
Position type Full Time
Closing date March 11, 2016
For more details and to apply go here
Stephen Walters are silk weavers designing and producing fabric for international luxury brands. We have built our reputation as design leaders working exclusively with fashion houses across the world. We are recruiting for the following position to join our highly regarded design team:
Textile Designer to work within our creative design team producing CAD representations of our jacquard designs.
The design work is extremely varied and covers a broad range of fabrics from men’s neckwear to contemporary womenswear and furnishings.
We are looking for a designer with good artistic ability and drawing skills, a sensitivity to colour, a diversity of styles and attention to detail. An understanding of CAD systems would be beneficial but not essential, as full training will be given to the successful applicant. Our design team is currently made up of trained designers from a variety of disciplines such as print, surface pattern and weave. We would like to hear from anyone who is qualified in similar areas.
Hours of work: 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday (40 hours)
Location: Sudbury, Suffolk
Salary: Depending on experience
Closing date for applications 26.02.16
Please email your CV with a covering letter to Katherine Winterton via the form here.
|Derek Rose are a luxury brand based on Baker Street, London specialising in nightwear, underwear and loungewear. All of our textiles are designed in-house including repeat print, jacquards and yarn dyed stripes and checks. This is an exciting opportunity for a Textiles graduate looking to gain industry experience.
You will be a part of a small team working directly with the internal designers contributing to the development of the collections and supporting the general running of the design office.
This internship is full time and will last six months to start 26th February 2016.
The ideal candidate:
Duties to include:
If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you. To apply send us a copy of your PDF portfolio and CV.
For more details and to apply go here
ASSISTANT WOVEN TEXTILES DESIGNER
Location Market Harborough
We have a new and exciting opportunity for an Assistant Woven Textiles Designer to join our celebrated Print Design team at Joules here at our Head Office in beautiful Market Harborough, Leicestershire.
The successful candidate will be learning and developing a full understanding of the Woven design process for all genders.
Key responsibilities will include:-
- Keeping up to date on competitor analysis.
- Starting to create and develop some designs for your areas.
- Preparing for all print meetings and final sign offs.
- Learning to use PLM – our database system, so that you can prepare prints for production.
The successful candidate will have:-
- Good Fabric knowledge, ideally in woven textile design with an understanding of yarn weights and fabric structures advantageous.
- A good eye for detail, presentation and colour.
- The ability to identify key trends across all genders.
- Proficiency in a weave design software, (Texcheck, Pointcarre, Easy Weave or an alternative weave package) along with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills.
- A basic understanding of print processes.
Ideally you will be a recent graduate with a minimum of a 2:1 in a relevant subject ie Textile Design/Print Design/Print Design/Graphics Design) and you will already have basic skills in Photoshop and Illustrator.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you then please apply now as we are looking to appoint this role ASAP. Please attach a copy of your portfolio with your CV.
To apply go here